Price: 100 php (meal with regular coke and fries)
Last May 31, 2016 Jollibee (Philippines’ fast food chain) unveiled their limited edition- Adobo flakes Yum! burger and halo halo sundae. I was more excited with the adobo flakes burger so I gave it a try.
**Adobo – popular dish in the Philippines where the meat (such as beef, pork, chicken, and other seafood) is marinated and cooked in vinegar, soy sauce and garlic .
** For those who doesn’t know adobo flakes; it is usually made from the left over meat (beef, chicken, pork) adobo which will be de-boned, and flaked. It is fried until crisp.
- I liked how they came up with the idea of an adobo flakes in a burger. It was very unique. A first actually.
- Very affordable.
- My boyfriend, who is a picky eater (he calls himself “meaty-tarian”) liked it because it doesn’t have any veggies in it.
- Though it was a unique idea, the burger and adobo flakes didn’t blend well at all.
- The taste was too much for my taste buds. I hoped that somehow they included something to neutralize the flavor.
- I was a little disappointed because I was expecting the adobo flakes to be crispy (like the usual) but it turned out that it’s not.
Individually, it tastes good. However, they just didn’t go well together. I’d prefer if they would pair the adobo flakes with rice and make it in their menu. Will I buy it again? Probably not. But I would still recommend it with you guys. Who knows, you’ll like it more than I do.